I disagree with Obama sending American troops anywhere, to fight anybody for any reason unless Congress declares war.
The problem is that the war making powers of the United States have secretly but openly handed over to the United Nations.
Every battle we have been in since WW 2 has been instigated controlled and have the outcome directed by the United Nations.
The biggest challenge facing senior citizens is the constant confiscation of their savings and money by the Federal Government and by the State Governments to support federally mandated programs.
Except for the entitlement programs I would reduce the size, cost, reach and power of every government agency in the reverse fashion that the increases have occurred.
3. Is America living up to its commitment to military veterans? What, if anything, would you do to change that?
NO. It is not living up to its commitments. I would correct this by having the Congress take away any and all money being used by the military in foreign countries. Withdraw from NATO, CENTO, CETO and the rest of those organizations.
4. Do you believe a tax increase will be needed during the next Congressional term, and if so could you support it?
Every agency of the Federal government has expanded every year.
Every agency giving money to the states has expanded every year and has caused the States governments to increase their taxes (EPA OSHA ATF)
We would have to raise taxes, unless the House of Representatives votes no on any bill which would increase the size cost reach or power of government which is what I would do.
5. Do you believe further academic reforms are needed for the nation’s public school systems? Explain.
We don’t need academic reforms. What we need is for the House to abolish the Dept. of Education. Get the Federal Government out of the school system. So that the largest agency involved in education would be the state government.
6. GM recently announced it would move production of a Cadillac from Mexico to Spring Hill. Do you believe America can reverse the long trend of losing manufacturing to other countries, and if so, what can be done to expedite that process?
The taxation problem in this country is what is causing the companies to move overseas. If you start abolishing these agencies the taxes will go down and the companies will stay here.
The poor people who are unemployed will have jobs.
7. What one thing do you think would most help create jobs in the U.S. and particularly in Southern Middle Tennessee? Explain.
Cut the size, cost, reach and power of the Federal Government.
Get rid of those regulatory agencies.
(When GE dropped its attempts to build dozens of nuclear power plants in this country. They said they have spent more money trying to get through EPA regulations than what it would have cost to build the plants.)
The people of Tennessee will have the state blossom.
8. The national budget deficit has shrunk dramatically since 2009. Should reducing it further still be a priority of the Congress, and if so, what new steps would you propose to achieve this?
Reduce the size, cost, reach and power of every regulatory agency in the reverse fashion in which they were expanded.
(We have too much government on all levels.)
9. The oil industry drilling technique called “fracking” has produced an energy boom but also widespread fears in the public, including groundwater contamination and earthquakes. Do you believe this is a safe practice, and do you support expansion of its use? Explain.
The principal use of the gas produced by fracking is to put it in ships and send it overseas as rapidly as possible to deplete the supply here.
WE are importing oil. Oil is fuel. Then why are we exporting it?
(See answer 7)
An energy crisis will be produced by this process necessitating more government controls.
10. What do you believe is the solution to the nation’s illegal immigration problems? How would you personally work to achieve that solution?
What I would do is to encourage companies who wish to locate in other countries.
To locate their manufacturing facilities in Latin America.
So that the productive activity would be there and their citizens would stay there.
Eg: The shoemaking industry was shipped to China.
The textile industry was shipped to China.
American auto manufacturers were forced out of business by our government to encourage the Europeans and Asians to manufacture cars.
11. Do good legislators have a responsibility to seek solutions through compromise, or is it better for them to stick closely to the ideology or party lines their constituents expect? Explain.
A good legislator will be on a dozen or more sub committees.
A good legislator will ask about any piece of legislation put in that committee.
The following question.
If we pass this bill will it increase the size, cost, reach or power of government.
A good legislator will ask did you write this bill?
A good legislator will ask for the names of the people who wrote that bill.
None of the writers are Congressmen.
The bill should be pitched out.
(OR you can use this to answer that question)
Except for the entitlement programs which we will deal with later.
I will vote no on any bill which would increase the size, cost, extend the reach or power of government. Which is what the bills do. Using a smokescreen of solving a problem that their previous actions have created.
12. Would you support a federal increase in the minimum wage? If so, under what circumstances?
If the previous things that I said I would do are implemented.
Taxes will drop dramatically. Workers would have more take home pay.
That is an increase in wages.
13. Besides combating terrorism, what do you believe is the top foreign policy concern facing America, and what steps would you take to address it?
With respect to the American people not the government.
The top policy foreign policy problem facing us is having the Federal Government gradually surrender American power, piece by piece, step by step to various international organizations. Centered in the so called United Nations. So that America would no longer exist as an independent country.
In the bible.
Jesus said, “Render to Caesar what is Caesar’s and render to God what is God’s.
Whose face is on the coin?
When your coins are printed by the United Nations that’s who is running the country.
Bankruptcy, default, is being produced by governmental activities designed to bring about this situation.)
14. America faces what some experts are calling an “infrastructure crisis,” with crumbling roads, bridges, waterways. What solutions do you suggest and how would you propose to pay for them?
A solution is to start reducing the Federal Regulatory agencies.
Which would automatically reduce the taxes collected in the states to pay for these regulatory programs. and you would have more money to be spent for infrastructure.
By the way, where is the money collected on Fuel Taxes going?
15. Do you believe space exploration is still important to America, and if so, what goals would you like to see achieved?
I’m not an expert in that area.
Get me some experts and let me hear what they have to say.
I will probably agree with their findings but in no way would I accept a solution to that or any other problem which would increase the size, cost, extend the reach or power of government to solve that or any other problem.
Why are we giving our space technology away to foreign countries????